10 years ago I took the plunge and joined LiveJournal. My username would've been neptune42
, a name I used elsewhere, but somebody in Samoa had already grabbed it.
Initially my LJ friends were people I'd met in The Friends Zone, an online community. As I started to read their journals, I discovered that they had some cool friends. It felt very daring to friend someone I didn't know - but susandennis
was very welcoming and friended me back. Thus I got braver and braver, and started to attract people myself. Now I have an incredible group of people who've been with me through ups and downs. I've had to say goodbye to family members and cats, and I've adopted more cats and even discovered I had a half-sister! I've changed jobs a few times and almost a year ago, became a first-time homeowner.So I'm staying with LJ, though many have departed. To celebrate 10 years and more, I'm opening up for a friending frenzy. I'm always tickled and sometimes amused by the connections made by LJ friends with each other. Let's see what new connections and what new friends can be made. Tell your friends!
There are many ways of making friends. This is what I'm going with:Me:
* A 46 year old woman living with three cats in Calgary.
* A proud Canadian.
* I enjoy Star Trek
, I love Star Wars
. I'm a geek and proud of it.
* I update webpages for a living.
* Lately I'm focussing more on my photography
* I'm a pantheist. I don't feel a call towards organized religion, but I respect other people's faiths.
* I'm GLBT-friendly. Also I find polyamory interesting and frankly enjoy reading about the many ways people make it work.
* I write Grey's Anatomy fanfiction
but I don't post it to my LJ. This blog is about me.
* This summer will be my second summer with a garden and I will be posting about that!
* I post 3-4 times a week. Expect lots of pictures of my cats.You:
* Have stories to tell.
* Are honest about who you are. I don't care if you fudge the numbers on your height or weight or age a bit, just don't create a false persona.
* Post at least semi-regularly. I don't have a magic formula that I require my friends to adhere to, I just like to friend journals that feel
active. I will not friend a blank journal - LJ friendship is a two-way street.
* Bonus points for geekdom. :-)
* Bonus points for being a foodie - I've gone gluten-free and am always looking for recipe recommendations.
Since a picture tells a thousand words, here is some more about me:
Now tell us about you!